DEAR READERS AND NEW VISITORS....MY BLOG IS HAVING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,THE CIRCLE WITH THE DASH WHERE A PHOTO SHOULD BE. I AM SLOWLY GOING BACK RELOADING THEM!

3.15.2013

Fiesta Friday/Real Party - Wreck It Ralph Movie Party Part II

Wreck It Ralph Birthday Express movie party placemats

Last Tuesday, for the DVD release of Wreck It Ralph, I shared part one of our Movie Party.  The actual party was Friday and we had an awesome time!

My biggest tip for hosting a successful kids' party, whether large or small...keep them busy! I first set the table with the reversible placemats from my Birthday Express box.  It is a great way to keep guests engaged while waiting for everyone to arrive and gives you a few more minutes to collect your thoughts.


Wreck It Ralph Birthday Express movie party candy karts table

Then, it was time for the main event...well, for me anyways.   If you haven't seen the movie, I won't spoil it much. Since most of the movie is set in the Sugar Rush video game where the climatic kart race happens, what would be more perfect than creating our own candy karts?


Wreck It Ralph Birthday Express movie party candy karts table 2

With graham crackers, marshmallows, frosting and oodles of candy and cookies on hand, there was serious creating going on.  My only caveat was they would have to eat them at home...can you imagine the sugar rush (all pun intended) I would have on my hands?

Wreck It Ralph Birthday Express movie party building candy karts

Hard at work...

Wreck It Ralph Birthday Express movie party building candy karts 2

A few final projects!

Wreck It Ralph Birthday Express movie party candy karts collage

There were a few flying cars like the bottom right photo...

A few of the kids had not seen the movie, so imagine how thrilled they were when the candy karts came on screen and several of them remarked how theirs looked just like them.

Wreck It Ralph Birthday Express movie party popcorn bar

And what would a movie party be without popcorn? I set up a little popcorn bar and drink station.  The marqueee backdrop is an easy project; I drew lines and added the sticker letters onto a sheet of posterboard, mounted to black foamcore and added yellow cardstock circles. Easy peasy!

Wreck It Ralph Birthday Express movie party popcorn bar 2

Simple labels on the popcorn and we were set!


It was a great day, and I loved watching the movie again. The kids only moved to refill their popcorn, and if you haven't watched it you should! It's a great message movie, and we children of the 80's will love the video game character references.


Wreck It Ralph plates & cups, placemats, red star confetti, - Birthday Express
popcorn labels - Splashbox Printables 
popcorn boxes - Michael's

 Disclaimer – I was provided the Deluxe Party In A Box from Birthday Express for review and no compensation was given, real or implied.

8 comments:

  1. My kids would love this theme! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The build-a-candy-kart is brilliant. Love it. Where did you get the brick paper from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DDE! I've had the brick paper for years, it's fadeless bulletin board paper I found at a local party supply store and it didn't cost this much as it does on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fadeless-Design-Roll-inch-Brick/dp/B001AF92SK/ref=pd_sbs_op_2 I've seen other designs (cloudy skies, etc) at office supply stores but I haven't seen the brick pattern since.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much!!! You are awesome :)

      Delete
  3. Mrs. Finnigan's accidently deleted comment - I just bought this brick paper roll at Michael's with a coupon for $4.85 total(reg 8.99)! How did you cut it so neatly?
    I love the entire set up you created! What an inspiration. :) My daughter turns 4 in a few weeks; this is our theme this year. I hope it turns out as wonderfully as yours. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. My bad Mrs. Finnigan :) I should have enlarged my view on my smartphone, since the Publish and Delete are right on top of each other. Thank you and so glad you found the paper! I used an X-acto knife and metal ruler to trim along the bricks.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you are entering a giveaway, if you don't have an email available in your profile, please leave it in your comment.